Sunday, February 14, 2016

The Splendid Sampler has begun!

Today is the first block posted to the Splendid Sampler being hosted by Pat Sloan and Quilt Jane. It will be 2 blocks a week for a year. What an undertaking! Check out the whole project here at The Splendid Sampler. Click on the Blocks and Bonus tab for details on the whole year.

The first block is by Pat Sloan and is called Hearts AFlutter. Great for Valentine's day. Here's mine:


I am using stash for this, although I did pick up a yard of the background with the little pluses on it so that I would have more variety.

Here's my Bloom block for this week. Loving these!

Do you ever struggle with your sewing machine pedal creeping away as your sewing? I have tried a few different products to prevent this and none of them have worked too well. I found a tutorial on Pinterest for this one and thought I would give it a try. It only took about a half hour to make. So far it's working well!

Really easy to make. Here's where I found the tutorial: Machine Foot Pedal Pad

I have been busy packing for my annual quilting retreat that is coming up on Thursday (YAY! only 4 more sleeps!). I have FIVE UFO's packed! That's pretty ambitious but some of them should go pretty fast. Three of them are blocks that I did in various quilt-alongs and challenges over the past few years that just need sashing and borders. 

While packing I have had the opportunity to clean up my sewing space so I feel pretty good about that. I'll be all organized when I get back!

See you again soon with lots of pics of my progress hopefully!!
Happy sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment