Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Bloom sew along block one and UFO 3.

Since there were once again multiple football games on this weekend I was able to spend a little more time in the sewing room. 
I worked on a UFO From about a year ago that needed borders. This was made with left over strips from other projects and is called Quilt to Give from Nancy Zeimans website. 


It came out pretty large! Double size at least. I will probably hold on to this one until you need a donation quilt next. 

Monday was the first installment of Bee in My Bonnets Bloom sew along. I am doing mine in Kim Deihl fabrics. 

I really like Lori Holts appliqué technique using sew-in interfacing. You can find links that this pattern as well as all of her tutorials and techniques on her Monday post here:

There will be a new block every Monday so we will see how long I can keep up!

Have a great rest of the week!



4 comments:

  1. Love the colors of the Quilt to Give! If you need me to bind it for you let me know !! A warm quilt on my lap to bind is perfect in winter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sure whipping through projects....yikes. I will be doing the bloom sew along as soon as I master the sew-in interfacing technique.

    ReplyDelete