Saturday, January 16, 2016

UFO #2 and a little sidetrack...

I finished UFO #2 -a fabric bin that was all cut out and ready to go. This is an Atkinson Designs pattern that I made a whole bunch of a couple years ago. I use them for scrap and thread catchers, and made a bunch for gift baskets too.




But of course along the way this week I got a little distracted with a new project. I wanted to try out Lori Holts method for applique using interfacing before her Sew-Along starts on Monday.  I saw this project in Quiltmaker Magazine using the same Sew Simple Shapes so I made this little wall hanging. I love it!
I also love her method. You can find that on her blog Bee in my Bonnet.

Here is the magazine project, Cabin Posies, from the Jan/Feb Quiltmaker issue.


Her Bloom sew-along starts on Monday.

And if that's not enough check out this sew-along starting in February hosted by Pat Sloan and Quilt Jane. The Splendid Sampler is a year long project on 100 blocks by 100 different designers! 2 per week! How cool is that? I can't wait to see what they come up with.

OK, off to hang my new wall hanging in my hallway and dig out the next UFO.

Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

  1. After seeing your cabin posies I could not stop thinking about it!! So I ordered the templates.....yikes...that interfacing method is harder than I thought....but I am loving making this little quilt. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After seeing your cabin posies I could not stop thinking about it!! So I ordered the templates.....yikes...that interfacing method is harder than I thought....but I am loving making this little quilt. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so cute isn't it Caryl? good luck with yours. The little circle in the middle was a bit tricky. Can't wait to see yours finished!

      Delete